I’ve been thinking about circles lately. The way my life is full of them and what they represent, especially as a parent. In Judaism, the bagel symbolize the eternal cycle of life - and I guess eating one of them recently set me off on this trajectory of cataloging some of the circles in my life. Here are just a few:
- Looping from room to room picking up Legos, socks, and other random stuff and them depositing wherever they supposed to be.
- Hugs and more hugs.
- My circle of Mom friends, so essential to my sanity.
- The sparkling three rings I wear on my ring finger – marking our engagement, our wedding and our five year anniversary.
- My Google+ Circles – not that I am using them much.
- The daily drive to preschool, school, to the office and then back all over again.
- The endless laundry – from hamper to washer to drier to closet to hamper to washer to drier to closet to hamper …
- Holding hands around the dinner table on a Sunday when we each say what we are thankful for.
- Waffles, pancakes, pizza, crackers, cookies – and of course, bagels!
Coming next, the impact of rhomboids on my life.