(This post originally ran on the Framingham Patch)
As many of my blog readers know, I’m a Brit living in the USA. I’ve been here 13 and a half years now, 11 of those living in Framingham.
While I am proud of my cultural assimilation into the American and, in particular, Massachusetts culture (despite our amusing language differences), I can confidently boast that now is the time for you, dear Americans, to become an Anglophile! Here’s why:
- The Queen has just legalized same sex marriage
- Kate Middleton is about to produce a new heir to the throne
- Britain has a maze that is Doctor Who-themed
- Andy Murray won Wimbledon
- J.K. Rowling wows us with another novel written under a pen name
Cheers to the motherland!