Much like me, my daughter loves logic. She likes it when everything follows its designated order and structure. So I find myself perpetually bewildered by her highly illogical picky eating habits which include:
- Only eating corn on the cob, never off the cob
- An aversion to most spherical fruits and vegetables including grapes, blueberries and cherry tomatoes
- “Dry” meatballs
- Orange cheese only in the form of a square, not in tube/string cheese shape
- A dislike for raspberries (seriously, how can anyone not love raspberries?)
- Only muffins that resemble store-made muffins (even though my home-made ones are so much better)
- Only chocolate sauce – never apple sauce or tomato sauce
- Peanut butter NO jelly
Now, I’m not a short-order chef when it comes to our family’s meals but I do try to accommodate her, when it makes sense and doesn’t require too much effort. After all this is the girl who is also a self-professed broccoli machine, loves meat/chicken/fish and drinks milk by the gallon.
But seriously, an aversion to spherical fruits and vegetables? That’s just weird.